If the other driver was not insured, you can make a claim under the Uninsured Motorist coverage (UM) of your own policy. If the accident was not your fault, your rates cannot go up because of the accident. Although you will be compensated from your own insurance company, you may be required to arbitrate your claim and will need to contact an attorney right away.

Pin It on Pinterest