The best answer to this question is simple: it depends on which personal injury lawyer you hire. At Christensen & Hymas, we know how important this question is. After an accident, the possibility of legal fees and expenses may seem like too much to handle. In many cases, it is. Our “No-Fee Guarantee” allows you to focus on getting better while we focus on minimizing your financial loss. We understand that the best way to accomplish something is by taking one step at a time.
No Upfront Fees or Costs
So what should your first step be? A free consultation with a personal injury lawyer is your best option. Our “No-Fee Guarantee” refers to a payment plan known as a contingency fee agreement.
- A contingency fee agreement means that you don’t pay anything unless we win your case.
Because of this, you don’t need to worry about expenses at any time during your case – only after you receive the compensation you deserve. We offer the following free services to get your personal injury case started:
- Free Consultation
- As mentioned before, this will be your best first step. Sitting down together, discussing your case, and addressing your concerns and questions makes winning more likely.
- You are not obligated to hire us after a consultation. We offer this service free-of-charge because it should be as low-pressure as possible.
- We’ll Come to You
- Take your first step from wherever you are, not from where your lawyer forces you to go. If you can’t make it to one of our main offices, we’ll come to you.
- Our three main offices are located in:
- By “we’ll come to you,” we mean in any way possible. Whether we talk over Skype, on the telephone, in your home, or in your hospital room, we will get you your free consultation.
- The “No-Fee Guarantee” During Your Case
- Many personal injury lawyers take advantage of their clients, so we understand if you’re skeptical about our promises. But we really mean it: you don’t pay until we win!
- This isn’t just limited to attorney’s fees. Several additional costs accompany most personal injury cases. These can include:
- Obtaining the correct medical records
- Obtaining police reports
- Gathering evidence
- Medical bills
- We will cover all of these costs until you receive a settlement. In the case of medical bills, we will work with the necessary insurance companies and medical providers to come up with a payment plan. If we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing.
Payments After We Win Your Case
Of course, our plan is to win. After that happens, our attorney’s fees are 1/3 of the total settlement.
- There is one exception to this. If we file a lawsuit and your case goes all the way to a formal legal hearing, our attorney’s fees will increase to 40%. A formal legal hearing is one of the following:
- o Trial
- o Mediation
- o Arbitration
- This happens in less than 2% of all our cases.
- If we file a lawsuit but reach a settlement before a formal hearing, our fees will not increase.
We will deduct any additional costs that we covered initially (such as obtaining medical records or evidence) from your settlement, as well.
You are a valued client and deserve protection. You are entitled to these rights throughout your case:
- Right to a Fair Settlement
- We will break down the details of any settlement offers with you. You need to know how much money you are getting and whether or not it is a fair deal.
- Right to a Fair Written Fee Agreement
- We give you our “No-Fee Guarantee” in writing. Unlike other personal injury lawyers, we aren’t just trying to hook you with marketing ploys.
- Right to Reasonable Costs
- We will do our best to ensure that any additional costs are necessary. If we can win without a certain piece of evidence, we aren’t going to make you pay for it.
- Right to Information
- We limit our caseload so that you and your case get the attention you need. We will answer your questions at any time and tell you about your case in plain English – not legal jargon.
Why Christensen & Hymas?
Personal injury victims receive 3.5 times more in compensation when they hire an attorney to help with their case. If you want the resources you need to recover physically and financially, hiring a personal injury attorney is your best choice.
Each case is unique, and we urge you to do what is best for you. At Christensen & Hymas, we value our clients highly and work tirelessly to create a comfortable environment for them during a stressful time in their lives. Contact us today if you need service with integrity and compassion when you’ve been injured.