D. Russell Hymas
D. Russell Hymas is the managing partner and an attorney at Christensen & Hymas. Mr. Hymas devotes his practice to representing seriously injured persons involved in automobile accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents and premise liability claims.
An experienced negotiator and litigator, Russ has assisted clients in obtaining millions of dollars in settlements, arbitration awards and judgments. Prior to joining Christensen & Hymas, Mr. Hymas worked for an international law firm in San Diego, California, where he worked on complex litigation and transactional matters. Among his successes, Mr. Hymas litigated a case in which the court awarded more than $5,000,000 in damages for his client.
Learn your Rights. Get Answers. Free.
- University of Utah (Bachelor of Arts), Cum Laude
- California Western School of Law (Juris Doctor), Magna Cum Laude
- Utah State Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court, District of Central California
- U.S. District Court, District of Southern California
Professional Associations & Memberships:
- Utah State Bar
- Salt Lake County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Utah Association for Justice
- University of Utah Board of Advisors for Undergraduate Education
Awards And Recognitions:
- Newsweek‘s “Nationwide Showcase of Top Attorneys” (featured in December 26, 2011 edition)
- The National Trial Lawyers’ “Top 40 under 40” for 2012
- Multiple media appearances, including FOX 13’s Fox Business Now and ABC 4’s Good Things Utah
- Named a “Top 100 Trial Lawyer” in 2011 and 2012 by the National Trial Lawyers
- Named a Mountain States “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
Russ Hymas was raised in Bountiful, Utah. When he is not working, you can find him spending time with his family. He also enjoys skiing, reading, football, cycling, basketball and scuba diving. He has been married for over ten years and has two children.