Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I get money for my pain and suffering?Answer ▼
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?Answer ▼
- A contingency fee agreement means that you don’t pay anything unless we win your case.
- Free Consultation
- As mentioned before, this will be your best first step. Sitting down together, discussing your case, and addressing your concerns and questions makes winning more likely.
- You are not obligated to hire us after a consultation. We offer this service free-of-charge because it should be as low-pressure as possible.
- We’ll Come to You
- Take your first step from wherever you are, not from where your lawyer forces you to go. If you can’t make it to one of our main offices, we’ll come to you.
- Our three main offices are located in:
- By “we’ll come to you,” we mean in any way possible. Whether we talk over Skype, on the telephone, in your home, or in your hospital room, we will get you your free consultation.
- The “No-Fee Guarantee” During Your Case
- Many personal injury lawyers take advantage of their clients, so we understand if you’re skeptical about our promises. But we really mean it: you don’t pay until we win!
- This isn’t just limited to attorney’s fees. Several additional costs accompany most personal injury cases. These can include:
- Obtaining the correct medical records
- Obtaining police reports
- Gathering evidence
- Medical bills
- We will cover all of these costs until you receive a settlement. In the case of medical bills, we will work with the necessary insurance companies and medical providers to come up with a payment plan. If we don’t win your case, you owe us nothing.
- There is one exception to this. If we file a lawsuit and your case goes all the way to a formal legal hearing, our attorney’s fees will increase to 40%. A formal legal hearing is one of the following:
- o Trial
- o Mediation
- o Arbitration
- This happens in less than 2% of all our cases.
- If we file a lawsuit but reach a settlement before a formal hearing, our fees will not increase.
- Right to a Fair Settlement
- We will break down the details of any settlement offers with you. You need to know how much money you are getting and whether or not it is a fair deal.
- Right to a Fair Written Fee Agreement
- We give you our “No-Fee Guarantee” in writing. Unlike other personal injury lawyers, we aren’t just trying to hook you with marketing ploys.
- Right to Reasonable Costs
- We will do our best to ensure that any additional costs are necessary. If we can win without a certain piece of evidence, we aren’t going to make you pay for it.
- Right to Information
- We limit our caseload so that you and your case get the attention you need. We will answer your questions at any time and tell you about your case in plain English – not legal jargon.
I need help from an attorney but I don’t want to sue the person that caused the accident. Do I have to file a lawsuit?Answer ▼
I was in a rear-end collision. The vehicles sustained little damage but I am in pain but the insurance adjuster is telling me that I could not have been injured. What can I do?Answer ▼
I was injured in an accident and need treatment. Who will pay for my medical bills?Answer ▼
I would like to talk to a lawyer, but I cannot afford one. What can I do?Answer ▼
My PIP benefits have been exhausted and now the hospitals and doctors are going to send my bills to a collection agency? What can I do?Answer ▼
The insurance adjuster for the other driver and my insurance company are requesting a statement. Am I obligated to give a recorded statement?Answer ▼
What is a personal injury lawyer and how could one help me?Answer ▼
What should I do if the other driver was at fault and does not have insurance?Answer ▼
Why is the insurance adjuster telling me not to hire an attorney?Answer ▼