Pool Drowning Resources
Many foundations exist to educate about and prevent pool drownings. Others exist to help those who have encountered a near drowning experience or injury. And others exist to help those who have lost a child or loved one in a pool drowning accident to make a wrongful death insurance claim. We have listed the following for your help and convenience: 1. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): This is a government-funded program which provides education, research, and preventative methods regarding pool drownings. Drowning-related articles include:
- Prevention Tips: “Help Your Kids Swim Safely This Summer: Drowning Prevention Tips” and “Drownings: The Reality“
- Data and Statistics: “Stay Safe In and Around Swimming Pools” and “Drowning — United States, 2005–2009“
- Educational: “Drowning Happens Quickly – Learn How to Reduce Your Risk“
2. National Drowning Prevention Alliance (NDPA): A national organization which provides safety courses and safety tips for preventing drowning accidents. This organization also provides a calendar of water safety events and a host of opportunities to become involved.
3. Medicine Plus: Basic information for identifying, reacting to, and preventing near-drowning occurrences. This resource also provides a list of what not to do in the case of a near-drowning event. 4. Free copy of The Utah Wrongful Death Guide: This free book was written by experienced attorneys to inform and support those who are seeking a wrongful death insurance claim. This book is specifically designed to help individuals who have lost a loved one, but who are not sure about whether they should pursue a claim and, if so, should hire an attorney. 5. National Safety Council (NSC): This government organization provides safety tips for guardians of children who are swimming or near water. 6. The Foundation for Aquatic Injury Prevention (FAIP): FAIP, “is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to reducing the number of diving injuries, drownings and near drowning injuries, and other aquatic accidents.” This organization provides a wide range of services, including:
We hope that these resources are helpful to you, whatever your situation may be. For more information on pool drowning accidents, click here.
Have you been Injured in an accident?
Get the Compensation You Deserve