Commercial Trucking Accident Case Details and Information
The majority of fatal trucking crashes happen in rural areas. Nearly four out of five fatal accidents happen on the weekend. More than a quarter of truck drivers involved in fatal truck crashes have prior convictions for speeding or driving recklessly—compared to a fifth of all passenger car drivers involved in fatal crashes.
What Common Defects Set the Stage for Tractor Trailer Accident Crashes?
Most defect-related tractor-trailer mishaps involve failed brakes, bald or otherwise failing tires and wheels, transmission issues, and steering engagement issues.
If You or a Family Member Has Been Hurt by a Tractor Trailer Crash, Who Might Be Liable for Damages?
- The driver
- Owners of the tractor-trailer
- The insurance company for the victim
- The insurance company for the truck owner
- Vehicle manufacturers
- A state or county responsible for maintaining the roads
- Other drivers who may have contributed to the accident
- Insurance companies of those other drivers