Utah Polaris RZR and ROV Burn Accident Attorney
Within the last year, Polaris has ordered a complete recall of all RZR and Recreational Off-Highway vehicles (ROVs) due to several instances of spontaneous engine combustion. Unfortunately, these malfunctions present considerable burn and fire hazards. Though no serious injuries or deaths have been reported yet, the likelihood that such an incident could occur is high.
According to Polaris, “The vehicle engine can misfire and the temperatures of the exhaust and nearby components can get too hot and cause the components to melt, and/or a contaminated brake master cylinder may cause unintended brake drag, posing burn and fire hazards.” (Cited from Polaris article linked below)
Because of the potential for such accidents, Polaris advises owners to cease use of these vehicles immediately and contact the company for a free repair. Additionally, if you do own one of these vehicles, Polaris should be contacting you directly. Further information about this recall and the details of the problem can be found at http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/article/polaris-recalls-rzr-and-general-recreational-off-highway-vehicles-due-to-burn-and-fire-hazards.
Learn your Rights. Get Answers. Free.
Potential Injuries from RZR and ROV Explosion Accidents
If you own one of these vehicles, the consequences of an explosion accident could be severe. Not only would such an event result in significant property damage, but could also inflict serious injuries. Injuries that may occur due to a spontaneous combustion accident include:
- Serious burns
- Permanent scarring and disfigurement
- Impaired vision
- Impaired hearing
- Psychological damage
- Head and neck injuries (as the result of a vehicle malfunction and crash)
- Broken bones
This list is by no means comprehensive, and if you have suffered injuries as a result of a Polaris explosion you may be eligible for personal injury compensation to help you recover. If so, we advise you to contact a Utah Polaris RZR and ROV burn accident attorney at Christensen & Hymas immediately.
Why Hire a Utah Polaris RZR and ROV Burn Accident Attorney?
Injuries sustained by an explosion or fire can be very serious, and may leave you with debilitating injuries that can be expensive to treat and force you to spend time out of work. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you are potentially eligible for personal injury compensation. That is why we recommend speaking with and hiring an attorney quickly after your accident. Aside from helping you start your claim, an experienced attorney can help you receive possible compensation for:
- Current medical bills
- Future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Property Damage (Polaris should provide this compensation)
Navigating a personal injury claim can be very difficult, and a large company like Polaris may attempt to take advantage of you by overlooking or simply ignoring your case. That is why we recommend hiring an experienced Utah Polaris RZR and ROV burn accident attorney. Doing could ease your recovery, assist you in dealing with Polaris, and help you feel financially secure during a difficult time.
Steps To Take After a Polaris RZR or ROV Explosion Accident
The steps you take after a serious accident are extremely important, as they can significantly impact your recovery process and personal injury claim. Though we cannot guarantee the absence of hardship, taking these steps can help make the process just a little easier.
Get immediate medical attention
- Our number one priority is your safety and well-being. If you have been involved in a Polaris explosion accident, you likely suffered burn or other injuries. If this is the case, seek immediate medical attention without delay.
Assess the Damage and Contact Polaris
- As stated by Polaris in the cited article, you should contact them if such an incident occurs. To provide them with a better idea of the damage, be sure to make an accurate assessment. Additionally, you may want to take pictures of the damage and your injuries in order to verify the severity of the accident.
Contact an Experienced Utah Polaris RZR and ROV Burn Accident Attorney
- Working with a large corporation on a personal injury case can be difficult. Your case can be easily overlooked or ignored, and they may try to take advantage of you in order to avoid a lengthy, expensive lawsuit. In order to avoid this, we recommend contacting an experienced accident attorney at Christensen and Hymas to help you navigate your personal injury case.
Call Christensen & Hymas Today
At Christensen & Hymas, we work with real accident victims every day and personally see how injuries change the lives of those involved. Physical pain, psychological effects, and financial uncertainty leave many wondering what to do next. That is where we can help.
If you have been injured by a Polaris RZR or ROV explosion and are unsure of how to proceed, call Christensen & Hymas today to set up a free consultation. We will meet with you personally, discuss your situation, and help you understand your options. In this difficult time, allow us to do the hard work for you while you focus on recovering from your injuries.