Christensen & Hymas Married Student Law Scholarship
Kenneth L. Christensen and D. Russell Hymas understand the struggles that come with balancing a quality family life and excelling in a challenging law program. Each of them were married and started their respective families during their time in law school. Now, as partners at Christensen & Hymas Personal Injury Law, they want to help students who are undertaking the same life challenges. Ken and Russ understand that commitment to educational excellence tempered with strong values in the home will benefit the lives of your family as well as those you work with in the future. This is why they choose to offer a generous scholarship to a deserving individual who has surmounted obstacles in order to maintain strong family values and a dedicated work ethic in their pursuit of an education in the legal field. $1,000.00 will be awarded to one student for use towards their law school costs.
The following eligibility criteria MUST be met:
- You must be currently enrolled in or have been accepted to (and planning to attend) a Juris Doctorate program in the United States
- You must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Cumulative GPA of the current or most recent secondary education program you have attended
- You must be legally married
- You are required to submit a transcript verifying your GPA and marital status
- If your transcript does not list your marital status, other documentation may be required
- If you have not completed your first 1L semester, you may submit an undergraduate transcript
How to Apply:
Via our e-form, you will be required to submit the following:
- Your personal information, including full legal name, current contact information
- A 300-700 word essay explaining your life balance including educational, familial, and personal goals
- A digital copy of your school transcript
- Contact information for an academic reference (professor, dean, academic counselor, etc.)
By completing the electronic application, you are verifying that you are eligible under all the criteria stated above, that you are currently enrolled in a qualified program or have been accepted and plan to attend a qualified program, and that you give Christensen & Hymas permission to put your name on our website if you are awarded a scholarship. You are also giving Christensen & Hymas permission to review your academic records and contact your listed references. We will not share your information with anyone outside of the scholarship committee and will protect your privacy. The deadline to apply is August 1, 2017. The scholarship recipient will be notified by email on or before August 30, 2017. Their name and a short bio will be posted on the Christensen & Hymas company website. Scholarship funds will be awarded in the recipient’s name directly to the academic institution of their choice.
Have you been Injured in an accident?
Get the Compensation You Deserve