Ken Christensen and Russ Hymas have been known throughout Utah as the Good Guys in personal injury law because of the way they treat their clients and handle their cases.
Ken and Russ met in San Diego on the first day of law school. They were both from Utah and formed an immediate friendship. As they helped each other excel in law school, they began talking about starting a law firm together one day. They saw in one another traits that are a rare combination in the law — intelligence, determination and compassion. These traits were developed from unique backgrounds that ultimately helped differentiate them from all other personal injury attorneys out there.
Before starting law school, Ken was involved in a car accident and experienced first-hand how frustrating and confusing it can be to handle an insurance claim on his own. He saw how insurance companies have the upper hand because most people have never been in an accident and don’t know how insurance claims work. The insurance company seemed to take advantage of Ken’s kindness and trust. It was then that Ken determined he would become a personal injury attorney so he could ensure people would be treated fairly for an accident they wished had never happened. Going through this experience is part of what makes Ken different. He’s been there and can empathize with what you’re going through after an accident.
At just 21 years of age, Russ’s brother-in-law (John) was paralyzed in an accident and lost use of both his arms and legs. Over the years, Russ and his wife have helped care for John and provided assistance with his daily needs. Russ has seen what happens when an accident turns your life upside down and the ripple effects that impact you and your loved ones like they have for his brother-in-law. This is why Russ chose to specialize in accident and injury law. Russ has said, “When I meet with clients, I see John. I know they need help and I want every one of them to have the best chance at a positive outcome. I want to help them put their life back together.”
It was on this foundation that Good Guys Legal was built. Aside from Ken and Russ’s own experiences, each of our attorneys and paralegals have either had traumatic experiences of their own, or watched family members suffer accidents or injuries with life-altering consequences. These unique life experiences have shaped and molded our office culture and made us the law firm we are today. It is why clients, attorneys, and even insurance adjusters have referred their friends and families to the “Good Guys” after an accident.
Our Legal Awards and Achievements
We are proud of the many awards and professional honors given to us by our peers and top legal industry professionals. These include:
- Awarded “Best Utah Personal Injury Law Firm” by US News and Best Lawyers
- Named Top Personal Injury Attorneys by Super Lawyers
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Nominated Best Law Firm – Utah’s Best of State
- Named Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- Named Top Attorneys by Newsweek Magazine
What Our Clients Say About Us
We are extremely appreciative of the awards and accolades we’ve received over the years, but it’s the honest and sincere comments and referrals from our clients that mean the most to us!
- “I always felt that they understood the needs of not just myself as I healed, but that of my family as we dealt with a very stressful year. My wife and I cannot thank you enough!” – T. Andersen
- “They were a light for me in a really tough time.” – S. Sandmire
- “Whatever it is that you’ve gone through – They want to make it right. They’re just good guys. They really are!” – P. Eads
- “They are very professional, yet very personal.” – C. Darger
- “The entire team is professional, courteous and responsive.” – Chris C.
- “They were always checking in and informing me of the details of my case. They gave me hope through a process I never thought I’d see a ray of light in.” – K. Amaton