Presidents Day weekend is a great opportunity for a fun getaway. If you’re looking for an excuse to get out of the house, or an exciting new tradition, look around for some weekend activity ideas. At Christensen & Hymas, we love the Salt Lake area and letting people know about its attractions. Therefore, this post lists some ideas for Presidents Day weekend activities in Salt Lake.
Presidents Day Weekend Activities in Salt Lake: Outdoors
Presidents’ Day is the perfect time to head outdoors and enjoy the beautiful Utah terrain. So, grab your coats and hot chocolate and head out for one of these great places.
- Bryce Canyon Winter Festival: Every year Bryce Canyon National Park holds a winter festival full of competitions, tours, lessons, and workshops. Some of the activities include cross-country ski tours, watercolor painting, archery, pottery, and even family dances on Saturday night.
- National Parks: On Presidents’ Day weekend, all national parks offer free admission. Utah’s five national parks are Zion, Bryce Canyon, Capitol Reef, Canyonlands, and Arches National Park.
- Snowshoe Naturalist Tour: The Cottonwood Canyons Foundation provides free snowshoe tours in the Alta ski area. Grab some snowshoes from the ski shop and hike through the mountains.
- Sled at Gorgoza or Soldier Hollow: We love these famous tubing hills. Park City Mountain Resort owns Gorgoza, and Soldier Hollow is in Wasatch Mountain State Park in Midway.
Are you tired of the snow and cold weather? Fortunately, there are plenty of indoor Presidents Day weekend activities in Salt Lake.
- Ballet West Sleeping Beauty: The ballet is performing this beloved classic from February 10 until the 26th. Performances are held at the Janet Quinney Lawsom Capitol Theatre.
- Matilda The Musical: Based on the Roald Dahl novel, this award-winning musical is playing at the Eccles Theater in downtown Salt Lake.
- University of Utah Women’s Basketball: On February 19th, the Utes women’s basketball team will compete against Oregon State at the Jon M. Huntsman Center.
- Loveland Living Planet Aquarium: Head over to the aquarium to see fun attractions like shark feeding. The aquarium also offers theater showtimes. Additionally, children 2 and under get in free.
Salt Lake Personal Injury Lawyers
Weekend activities are fun, but sometimes accidents happen. Unfortunately, serious injuries often come out of nowhere and leave victims with huge medical bills and other losses. However, the attorneys at Christensen & Hymas can help you get the compensation you need.
Please contact us today if you have questions about an injury case. In the meantime, order an absolutely free copy of our book, 7 Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Utah Accident Case. We will do everything we can to get you what you deserve!