As school semesters wear on, students start looking forward to spring break. They dream of sunshine, beaches, or even just a few days of pure relaxation. Many Utah schools will take their spring breaks in early April. Vacations can be relaxing and rejuvenating, but can also have their dangers. At Christensen & Hymas, we want to help you stay safe. This post offers some spring break safety tips to help you do just that.
Spring Break Safety Tips: Road Trips
Road trips are a spring break staple. However, they come with a number of risks. Here are some tips to make sure you reach your destination safe and sound.
- Rotate drivers.
- Make sure at least one passenger always stays awake with the driver.
- Don’t keep valuables or expensive items in plain sight, or lock them in your trunk.
- Don’t allow anyone intoxicated to drive.
Hotel Safety Tips
Hotels are usually safe places to stay, but sometimes things can still go wrong. Follow these precautions to protect yourself.
- When you check-in, don’t say your room number loud enough for others to hear.
- When you leave your hotel for the day, write down the name of the hotel, phone number, and address, just in case you need help getting back.
- Most hotels offer safes. Use them to store your valuables.
Swimming Safety Tips
Swimming precautions are some of the most important Spring Break safety tips. Before you dive into the pool or the ocean, remind yourself of these tips.
- Drink plenty of water!
- If you feel light-headed, take a break in the shade.
- Use waterproof sunscreen of at least SPF 30.
- Always swim with a buddy, especially in the ocean.
International Spring Break Trips
Going to a foreign country can be a great experience during spring break. However, being in a new city and country can carry unique risk and dangers.
- Don’t pack flashy or expensive items.
- Be aware of local scams.
- Let someone know about your travel plans and hotel information.
- Stay on well-traveled, major streets.
- Know what number to call or where to go in an emergency.
Utah Personal Injury Lawyers at Christensen & Hymas
We hope your spring break is fun, relaxing, and free of accidents. However, sometimes accidents do happen, and when they do, we can help! The experienced personal injury lawyers at Christensen & Hymas can help you get the compensation you deserve. If you are injured due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, contact us for a free case consultation!
You can also order a free copy of our book, 7 Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Utah Accident Case. Just click here to order your free copy today!