- Insurance companies are a for-profit company.
- Your insurance adjuster’s bonus depends on withholding money from you.
- Your insurance adjuster is not obligated to inform you of your policy benefits.
- What you say to your insurance adjuster will be used against you.
Can I trust my Insurance Adjuster after I have been in a Utah Motorcycle Accident?
Many victims who have been injured in a motorcycle accident have the initial impression that their insurance adjuster is there to help them. They will proceed to answer all of the insurance adjuster’s questions, give authorizations for their past medical history and even volunteer information about their personal lives. These Utah accident victims feel that since liability has been confirmed to be the other motorist’s fault, their own insurance company has no other motivation that to help them. The misconception that your own insurance company is there for you can significantly hurt your claim.
The reality is that adjusters are not your friend or ally. You are not on the same team. The reality is that the insurance adjuster is rewarded based on how much money he or she can save the company by withholding money and benefits from you. Remember that insurance adjusters are not obligated to even inform client of the benefits they purchased with their insurance policy. And they won’t tell their client so they don’t have to pay those benefits. Understand that an insurance company is a for profit business. Every dollar they save the company is another dollar for profit for their shareholders.
Beware of the Strategies Employed by Insurance Adjusters
Use caution when dealing with an insurance adjuster. An adjuster is highly trained to act like a confidant in order to obtain as much information on you as possible. Insurance adjusters are highly skilled in eliciting information through simple conversations. Don’t fall into their traps.
- Be careful of what you say to your insurance adjuster. Adjusters will record your statements and use it against you. Sometimes what you say is used outside of context. To protect yourself, make notes of all conversations with the adjuster.
- Do not volunteer information when talking to an adjuster. No matter how insignificant your comment maybe, it can be used against you.
- Do not exaggerate your losses or injury. Your credibility is essential to your personal injury claim.
- Do not make small talk. Your weekend plans or recent trips can be twisted to hurt your personal injury claim.
Contact an Experienced Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If your Utah motorcycle accident has left you with serious injuries, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced Utah personal injury lawyer to take care of the insurance adjuster and insurance companies. An insurance company’s main goal is to make money. An insurance adjuster has been well trained by the insurance company to settle your claim for as low as possible. The insurance been trained to minimize the amount of money they spend on their insured.
The Christensen Law Firm, PLLC, is a personal injury law firm that specializes in motorcycle accident cases. To ensure that you receive a fair and just settlement after your Utah accident, we highly recommend calling our office today at 801.506.0800 for a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options.<–>