Driving can be a scary and stressful experience, especially if you are surrounded by terrible drivers. People often say that their state has the worst drivers, but what is the reality? One insurance agency recently used data to try and identify the best and worst drivers by state. The agency, QuoteWizard, used statistics like accidents, speeding tickets, and DUIs to make their rankings. So how did Utah drivers rank?
According to the rankings, Utah is in the top 5 for accidents, speeding, and minor citations. The state also had the 9th most DUIs. Together, these statistics earned Utah drivers the title of worst drivers in the nation. In an interview a few years ago, a Utah Public Safety official stated that rear-end collisions and unbuckled drivers and passengers were big problems for the state. Remembering some simple but important safety tips can help make Utah roads safer!
Good Habits for Utah Drivers
No matter where your state is ranked, it is always good to practice safe driving habits. The following tips can help keep you safe on the road.
- Avoid distracted driving! Most texts and calls can wait. If it can’t, pull over and take a few minutes to talk.
- Give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination. Avoid speeding and added stress.
- Don’t drive if you are upset or angry. Road rage leads to a lot of accidents.
- Be courteous on the road, even when other drivers are not.
- Buckle up! All drivers and passengers should wear seat belts.
- In bad weather conditions, slow down and be extra cautious.
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact Us Today
According to QuoteWizard, Utah ranks second in the number of car accidents. No matter how cautious of a driver you are, other careless Utah drivers can hit you. Car accidents can cause serious injuries, often resulting in huge medical bills.
The Utah car accident lawyers at Good Guys Injury Law understand the stress injured victims face. We can help you file a successful personal injury claim. Our free book, 7 Biggest Mistakes That Can Wreck Your Utah Accident Case, outlines injury case details in plain English. Order a copy today! Or, contact us directly to schedule a free initial consultation.