Consultations Are FREE!
Free Consultation Available 24/7
(801) 506-0800

You pay nothing until we win.

Last Modified: March 1, 2023

Utah Motorcycle Registration

Published on January 30, 2023 • Last updated March 1, 2023 by Ken Christensen
Topics: Motorcycle Accidents, Utah Lawyer, Utah Motorcycle Accident Lawyer

In addition to applying for a motorcycle license, Utah law requires all riders to register and title their motorcycles with the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV).  Unlike car and truck registrations, however, motorcycles do not need to pass an emissions test and have reduced taxes and registration fees.  If you purchase your motorcycle from a dealer, the dealer will most likely handle the title and registration process.  If you are on your own in this process, you will need to go to your DMV office with the following paperwork:

  • A safety inspection certificate less than two months old.
  • Form TC-656 (Application for Utah title).  This form will cover your registration as well.
  • Some sort of proof of ownership, which can be a bill of sale, vehicle title, or previous registration.
  • Vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection.
  • Uniform property tax fee, which is based on age and ranges from $10 to $95.
  • Sales and use tax.
  • $24 registration fee and $6 title fee.
  • Odometer statement for motorcycles less than 10 years old.
  • One person whose name will appear on the new title.

Table of Contents

Motorcycle Licensing And Registration

For more detailed information on motorcycle licensing and registration, visit Utah’s Division of Motor Vehicles website at

For more information about motorcycle accident cases, please visit Christensen Law Firm’s website at  For a free consultation and to speak with one of our Utah motorcycle accident attorneys, please call us at 801.506.0800.



Good Guys Injury Law - Orem

1145 S 800 E #101A Orem,UT 84097

Phone: (801) 224-2999

Good Guys Injury Law - Bountiful

503 W 2600 S #200 Bountiful,UT 84010

Phone: (801) 294-9500

Good Guys Injury Law - Salt Lake City

32 W 200 S Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Phone: (801) 849-1949

Good Guys Injury Law - Draper

11693 S 700 E #100

Draper, UT 84020

Phone: (801) 506-0800