Utah has some of the most strict laws in the country when it comes to texting while driving. These laws completely prohibit the act. There are only ten states that have specific no-texting-while-driving laws on all drivers. Many states limit the restrictions to younger drivers, not all drivers. Nonetheless, Utah is one state that chooses to lead from the front on this particular issue. Their emphasis on no texting while driving is to prevent accidents. There can be many distractions inside and outside the car while driving, and it is for this reason that Utah is so hard-nosed on the issue; lessening one distraction is a start to combating the rest
Drivinglaws.org published Utah state texting-while-driving laws which are listed below. These laws should be thought through and understood for their ability to prevent accidents. There is power in prevention.
Text While Driving Laws
- There is no prohibition on cell phone use while driving in Utah.
- All Utah drivers are prohibited from texting while driving.
- Utah also prohibits “careless driving.”
- Refers to any moving violation that is committed while distracted by use of a hand-held cellphone or similar activities.
- Utah’s texting laws are considered “primary” laws.
- A primary law means that an officer can pull you over for the offense without having to witness some other violation.
- That is, the officer sees you texting and issues a citation.
Texting while driving accidents do occur and can happen to you or someone you love. If you have been in an car accident, attempt to find out whether or not the person at fault was texting. The person could have been otherwise distracted, but its always a good idea to know for sure.
The Christensen Law Firm understands Utah’s laws. Their expertise should not be underestimated when it comes to personal injuries caused by the negligent actions of those who have harmed others. If you or someone you know has suffered injuries because of another’s careless actions, there is no need to feel alone or despondent during these difficult and trying times. They always have personal injury attorney ready to help you and your needs. Call us today at 1-801-506-0900.
Image Courtesy of: Sage Ross