What To Do If You’ve Been Involved in a Cycling Crash In Utah
If you’ve been involved in a cycling crash in Utah, how you respond can impact the entire outcome of the case. When a bicycle crash occurs, you should take the following steps:
- Move to immediate safety
- Summon emergency services
- Provide first aid to the extent that you are able until someone with more advanced training can take over
- Receive medical care if there is even a slight possibility of injury
- Call the police as required by Utah law 41-6a-401.3¹
- Gather information from all drivers involved, including driver’s license, full name, address, date of birth, vehicle license, registration, and insurance information
- Identify and get contact information from all potential witnesses
- Take photos of the accident scene, including vehicles involved, the bicycle, and the entire accident scene
- Observe the location and circumstances of the accident for any information that may be helpful
- Continue to receive follow-up medical care to identify and document injuries
- Report the accident to insurance
- Involve a bicycle accident attorney as soon as possible
Reacting quickly and correctly can make your claim faster and easier and allow you to reach the result you deserve. The sooner you involve a lawyer, the sooner you have an experienced team helping you navigate every step in the process.
Learn your Rights. Get Answers. Free.