Layton Car Accident Lawyer
As part of the Ogden-Clearfield metropolitan area, traffic in and around Layton can be tremendous. In fact, I-15 runs north-south through the city, providing three interchanges. During rush hour, it is not uncommon for traffic to be slowed, or even stopped completely.
And in addition to the freeways and highways that surround the city, there are of course a number of smaller city roads throughout Layton. With a population of over 70,000 and thousands of commuters every day, it is no wonder that Layton is the location site of many car accidents.
At the law offices of Christensen & Hymas, our Layton car accident lawyers are prepared to advocate for you if you’ve been in a crash. We help car accident victims recover the full amounts of compensation that they deserve after suffering serious injuries.
Top Causes of Car Accidents in Layton
Car accidents most often occur as a result of driver negligence, with numerous negligent acts contributing to crashes on a daily basis throughout the state of Utah. While accidents may be caused by other factors–such as road defects, poor driving or road conditions, and vehicle defects and errors–the majority of motor vehicle accidents are caused by human actions. Indeed, the Utah Department of Public Safety’s data reveals that the top causes of motor vehicle deaths include:
- Failing to wear a seatbelt;
- Driving drunk;
- Failing to yield; and
- Driving while distracted.
While these are the primary causes of accidents, keep in mind that any negligent, reckless, or careless action has the potential to lead to a devastating car accident.
Learn your Rights. Get Answers. Free.
Types of Car Accident Cases Our Lawyers Handle
Our lawyers are skilled at handling a variety of car accident cases, including car accidents that are minor and straightforward, as well as those that are severe and complicated. We can represent you if you have been involved in a:
- Rear-end collision;
- Head-on crash;
- T-bone accident;
- Side impact crash;
- Interstate accident;
- Drunk driving accident;
- Rollover crash; and
The Potential for Losses in a Car Accident Is Great
Being in a car accident is a scary experience, and one that has the potential to result in a number of different losses.
Most obviously, car accidents typically result in damage to the vehicles involved, which can cost hundreds or thousands of dollars to repair.
Further, car accidents that cause property damage typically cause injuries to drivers and passengers within vehicles as well. Depending upon the force involved, injuries may be serious, including traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, back and neck injuries, bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, internal injuries, and more.
Not only are injuries expensive to treat, but they can also result in a number of economic and noneconomic losses as well. For example, an injury victim may be unable to return to work, resulting in a loss of income. A person who suffers serious injuries may also develop psychological and emotional harm, such as depression or anxiety. Long-term disability and disfigurement, as well as pain and suffering, are all realities for many car accident victims, too.
Why Work with Our Layton Car Accident Lawyers
Our Layton car accident lawyers and law firm have the resources and skill set necessary to competently represent you and improve your chances of recovering your full compensation amount. When you hire us, you can rest assured that we will handle all elements of your car accident case, including:
- Investigating your car accident. The investigation of the cause of a car accident and related damages is one of the most important parts of the car accident claim process. Not only do we travel to the accident site ourselves, but we also have the resources to hire accident reconstruction and other experts who can determine exactly what happened. What’s more, we track down and talk to eyewitnesses, send spoliation of evidence letters, collect video or photographic evidence, and more.
- Valuating damages. It is not enough to prove that the other driver was at fault for your accident; you must also prove the extent of damages that you have suffered. In order to determine the value of your claim, we consider all economic and noneconomic losses you have suffered, and work with financial professionals who can help us to pinpoint exactly how much you should seek in compensation.
- Negotiating a settlement. We will file your claim on your behalf, issue a demand letter to the insurance company, and make sure that all actions are taken within the required time frame. If our settlement demand is rejected by an insurance company, we will negotiate on your behalf to reach a deal that is fair. If negotiations are unsuccessful, we will not hesitate to bring your case to court by filing a lawsuit.
In addition to the above, we are also by your side to explain any and all legal concepts that you’ll need to understand during the claim process, including things like Utah’s Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance and the requirement to turn to your own insurance company first for damages, modified comparative fault laws, and the statute of limitations for bringing forth a car accident lawsuit.
Contact Christensen & Hymas for a Free Consultation Today
If you are involved in a car accident in Layton that you believe was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you should pick up the phone and call our car accident lawyers in Layton at the law offices of Christensen & Hymas today. Our personal injury attorneys know what you’re going through, empathize with your situation, and have experience handling cases like yours.
A consultation with our legal team is offered completely free of charge, and there is no obligation to hire our law firm moving forward. This is an opportunity to tell us about your accident and receive legal advice, as well as meet our lawyers and learn more about how the claim process and our law firm works.
You can reach us by phone today, or use the intake form on our website to send us a confidential message at your convenience. We will work hard for you.